Thursday, October 20, 2022

Dear Grizzly: Susan is Suspicious of Her Auto Mechanic

 

Dear Grizzly: Susan is Suspicious of Her Auto Mechanic

How do I know they are not just trying to take advantage of me because I am a single woman?


DEAR GRIZZLY: I took my car to a local garage for a tune-up, and they gave me an estimate for $3,300.00. How do I know they are not just trying to take advantage of me because I am a single woman? I have enclosed the estimate and would be grateful if you could review it and advise me.

 -- Susan Sincerely Suspicious in Spokane Washington

 DEAR SINCERELY SUSPICIOUS SUSAN: Let me start out by saying that your fears of being taken advantage of by an auto mechanic because you are a single woman are completely unfounded. I can assure you, auto mechanics take advantage of anyone regardless of their gender or marital status. When I was young, it was nothing for me to tear down my own engine in my driveway and in a matter of no time, a tow truck would be there to haul it off to the junk yard. As for your estimate, any time it starts with, ‘Once upon a time . . .’ you should be wary. On your estimate I would question such items as: tuning your radio; lubricating your rear end, (though that is a legitimate charge in Bangkok), change the air in your tires with a scent of potpourri; flush your differential, yank your crank … shaft; rotate your headlights; and align your cam-a-fram. For now, you need to get a second opinion and not from the mechanic standing next to the one who gave you this estimate. In the future, for your automotive requirements, I say forget about ‘Mister Right,’ and marry ‘Mister Good-Wrench.’

 Signed: Grizzly ‘greasy’ Gus

 Dear Grizzly, is written by Gustaf Alford Grizzard, and was created a ways back. If you want nice and sweet advice for your problems - write Dear Abby. If you want someone to tell you like it is, contact Grizzly at.www.mdavidlutz.com; email: grizzlyggus@outlook.com; http://Facebook.com/grizzlyggus;

DISCLAIMER: The opinions and comments expressed by Grizzly Gus, are not necessarily those of management. As far as management is concerned, if the State Board of Mental Health saw fit to release him, then let them be responsible. Do not write to Grizzly if you are experiencing really serious problems but seek professional help. Grizzly Gus holds no certifications or training. He is not even qualified to ‘speak’ to anyone, much less give advice: even his poetic license was revoked.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

GRIZZLY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Grizzly Happy New Year   ‘Happy New Year,’ is often heard during the month of January, in the US, though I have no idea what the rest of the...